Sunday, February 17, 2013

Touched By An Angel

1 Corinthians 15:52-57 “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 

 I think it important to share with our family and blog readers that the little girl who was the inspiration behind our daughter's name, passed from this Earth into Eternity early yesterday morning. She fought a very long and hard battle with cancer for over 3 years and in the past month she was diagnosed with cancer for the fourth time. She had two inoperable tumors and spent a great deal of her final days in the hospital. Now she is with Jesus and we all look forward to the day that we can skip down the golden streets of Heaven with her. She is cancer free for the first time in years. She is no longer broken and no longer in pain. We rejoice in the hope and assurance that we have in Jesus. We rejoice that this life is not the end and in fact is only the beginning of our journey. We also grieve with this family who will never again be able to tuck their little girl into bed at night or kiss her rosy cheeks when she wakes up...oh my soul...My heart just breaks at the mere thought of such a loss.
 
Psalms 61:1-2 Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I 
 
 John 14:1-4 ”Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” 

 We are bound to take life for granted from time to time. We are bound to get annoyed with our kids more often than not. We are bound to complain about the life that we have been given on occasion but, please oh please remember that every breath you inhale and exhale is a gift. That every minute you have on this Earth is a gift and deserved to be cherished and used up to the fullest measure of your ability. That your children are a gift...given to you for a minute, a week, ten years or maybe 90...but, any moment could be our last. Any breath could be our last. If only we could live life with the passion and fervor of someone who wants to make every second here count for the glory of God as sweet Daisy Merrick did.

 After my daughter got out of bed tonight for the third time to "pee" I nearly broke down and sobbed when she wrapped her squishy little toddler arms around my neck and gave me a giant bear hug while giggling away. Is there anything more priceless in all the world? How could I complain about three tuck-ins when I have a daughter to tuck in? How could I complain about my show being interrupted again when I got a far more valuable bear hug that turned my heart completely to mush.

So as I walked slowly back to my daughter's room, I inhaled the fresh smell of her baby shampoo hair.  I tickled her face with my nose, kissed her warm, rosy forehead and both of her cheeks and I tucked her back in bed once again.

Please keep the Merrick family continually in your prayers.  I found this very beautiful and emotional picture tribute video to Daisy on youtube tonight.  The tears just wouldn't stop rolling down my cheeks.  What a precious little angel you have been to all sweet Daisy Merrick.  Thank you for touching our family with your radiant love for Jesus.  Thank you for showing us how to be mighty in battle, full of hope in the face of adversity, joyful in the midst of pain and faithful to Jesus in all seasons.

3 comments:

  1. As I read this tonight I started out with my heart full of sadness for Daisy and her family. The further I got though the more comforted I got knowing she is now with our Lord and Saviour! Thinking and praying for your family as well at this time. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heart-breaking. I can't even imagine.
    Praying for this beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for continued comfort and peace for all who knew and loved Daisy.
    Watching the slideshow was a big dose of perspective for me. I've been so focused on the wrong things this past year. I've been placing value where I shouldn't be. I've been scaping trough the daily grind, able to give my own children the bare minimum to get by.

    I must realign my priorities. I must be more appreciative of the gift of health. In the spirit of this sweet Daisy, I will do better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.