Monday, June 4, 2012

Your Love Makes It Worth It All


I went on a run tonight and while I ran I listened to worship songs by Jesus Culture (my favorite right now) and stared up at the night sky with a look on my face that I know only God could fully understand.  I've had a heavy heart for so long now that I don't know what it would feel like to live with a light heart.  I can't explain it in a way that would do my feelings any justice but, the fact is that this heaviness is just a part of my life...for a season anyways.  So, while running my heavy heart out through the soles of my shoes and onto the pavement, different lyrics in different songs stood out but, these ministered to my heart the most: "your love makes it worth it all Lord," and "fill me up God."   I'm in a pit of sorts, metaphorically speaking and I've been waiting and waiting as patiently as I can on the Lord.  My faith has been stretched tremendously and what I want...what I want, more than anything in this world is to be the kind of person that both in this difficult season and also when it passes can say, "Oh Lord my God, YOUR love makes it worth it all!"  After my run, God gave me the passage of scripture in the image above.  It's what I needed to be filled tonight.  You might read it and it might not stir you in any way and that is absolutely okay.  God provides each of us with what we need and when we need it.  Tonight, he heard me silent cry to be filled with Him, His glory, His truth and His strength and this passage met that need in a profound way. 

Walking with the Lord isn't easy in difficult times lemme tell yah but, it's worth it.  It doesn't always make sense but, it's worth it....it's SO worth it.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Casey, those are some of my favorite verses- verses to cling to!! I'm praying for you tonight- that God would lighten your load and pour peace into your soul!
    Hugs,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can really relate to what your talking about in this post Casey. I really hear what your saying in this post and a lot of my wishes are the same. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Our Lord has amazing plans for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just read that verse last night- it's so powerful, isn't it? i'll be praying for you, joey and daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong Casey! Your getting through this one day at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey, I love your heart....running is a good time to get a word from the Lord too (smile) He's met me on many occasions on the path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you and I both, this post was so tremendously BEATUIFUL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.