Sunday, December 11, 2011

It Rains On Us All - So Let's Grow

 "I'm gonna dance in this rain.  I'm gonna praise you in this rain.  I'm gonna grow in this rain."

 Some that know me well and know my heart in this challenging season, know that I have chosen not to get angry with God or to question why He has let these hardships rain on our family.  I don't say that vainly or in pride but, just to share where I am at and what I am learning.  It doesn't take being a rocket scientist to realize that life is hard and that we all experience good times and bad.  It does however; seem to be more challenging for most people to be "happy" with God when the bad times inevitably fall on them.  For the record I totally understand that attitude choice also but, at this point in my life I am not in that place.  One scripture that I often quote to myself in this season is, "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5:45  

It rains on us all, both the good and evil.  We will all face loss, pain, persecution of some kind, trial, illness, heartbreak etc.while on this Earth.  It simply cannot be avoided or escaped.  Just because I am a child of the most High God or just because a person thinks they are "good" doesn't disqualify them from going through the rain.   The fact is that just as literal rain brings growth to the Earth below...so too do the rains in our lives help us to grow in one way or another as well!  We will not know perfect peace or total freedom from pain and sorrow until we stand before Jesus in Heaven.  I think coming to terms with these facts, like really, truly understanding all this deep in my core, has given me a tremendous amount peace.  The kind of peace that I know only God can give.  Here is where I'm at...I am here on Earth for a short season so I need to make the most of it and I want to bring glory to my Father in Heaven.  Life isn't all about me and living for myself will leave me feeling empty...I know because I've lived that way before.  I'm here for to bring God glory because He is SO worthy even when the rain is pouring down.  My current circumstances are very trying and I cannot escape them but, I love the Lord with all my heart and I am waiting on Him and trying to learn and be molded as this trial rages on.  Rebelling from God won't make me feel any better but, surrendering what is outside of my control to the one whose ways are higher than mine feels very freeing to me.  I can't fix my husband or his health or our finances.  I can't fix my heavy heart or magically make everything all right, but I can lean on the Lord's word for comfort and strength.  I can cry out to Him and be affirmed by his truth.  I will accept this rain and choose to humbly accept what it brings even when it hurts. 

This is the scripture the Lord encouraged me with this week: Psalm 27:3,5,13-14 reminds me, "Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war may rise against me,In this I will be confident. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"  

God knew exactly what I needed today when I walked through the doors of my church.  He knew my heart was torn in a million pieces (no one would ever know by looking at me of course).  He knew that I had prayed in bed earlier this morning and asked for him to grab a hold of my heart in a powerful way and to affirm that He was near me in.  He knew that my heart needed to be deeply touched by his love and oh how his love rained down this morning.  It's not that all my problems have magically disappeared and that is a silly notion anyways but, God might as well have stepped down from His heavenly throne and stood in front of me with love shooting out of his eyes like lightening bolts and said, "I am the Lord your God and I will never leave you nor forsake you child.  I will hold you when you are weary and I will catch every tear that you cry.  Do not be afraid sweet child.  I will walk you through every storm and every broken hour and never leave your side.  I will encourage you daily and comfort you in spirit and in truth and I will give you a firm place to stand.  You are so dearly, dearly loved my daughter."   God really does talk to His kids.... and it's really, really awesome.  If you are needing direction, healing or comfort in your life, seek the Lord today.  He will meet you wherever you are at and no one knows better than He how to fill you and minister to you. 

 I know that God has called me to always share my heart with those around me whether through words or writing.  I do so in hopes that my transparency might encourage others, might challenge others to re-evaluate the way they are thinking and simply to be real.  I don't ever want to be a downer but, I also don't want to be superficial so this is the in between as best as I can find it.  I hope that even in my trials you can see the rainbow in my writing.  I am blessed beyond measure and I have nothing but, a thankful heart for ever day that I wake and get to soak up the sunshine, nature's wonders, my child's perfect smile and laughter and my husband's sexy face.  To God be all the glory forever and ever. Amen.


- Some more inspirational quotes that go wonderfully with this post -

*   "One thing we may be sure of, however: For the believer all pain has meaning; all adversity is profitable. There is no question that adversity is difficult. It usually takes us by surprise and seems to strike where we are most vulnerable. To us it often appears completely senseless and irrational, but to God none of it is either senseless or irrational. He has a purpose in every pain He brings or allows in our lives. We can be sure that in some way He intends it for our profit and His glory."
-Jerry Bridges

*   "I will trust Him. Whatever, wherever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him; in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him; if I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. My sickness, or perplexity, or sorrow may be necessary causes of some great end, which is quite beyond us. He does nothing in vain."
-John Henry Newman

*    "So many times we say that we can't serve God because we aren't whatever is needed. We're not talented enough or smart enough or whatever. But if you are in covenant with Jesus Christ, He is responsible for covering your weaknesses, for being your strength. He will give you His abilities for your disabilities!"
-Kay Arthur

*    "Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering.... The love of God did not protect His own Son.... He will not necessarily protect us - not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process."
-Elisabeth Elliot




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. SO honest and real. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Casey, this again is beautiful and totally from the Lord...He does speak to us and then speaks thru us. I'm really proud of you and how you are handling the 'rain'. Sometimes the 'rain' can bring refreshing and as you said new growth. There is a reason for all that He does or allows and even though we may not see it when we are in the valley usually when we come out on top we can see Him thru it all.

    I know we don't KNOW one another but I know enough that I pray for you and care for you. I ask Him to SHOWER his grace, love, and mercy upon you and that you are so in tune with Him that you can hear His small still voice and you won't miss not even one thing. Keep focused, I know you do....I love ya sister!

    Marlece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed by how well the Lord knows what I need. With the things going on with us right now- this post was just what I needed today. When I turn on Joel Osteen- he ALWAYS talks about exactly what it is that I am dealing with at that exact moment. It's the Lord- telling me what I need to here at that time. I am in AWE of how HE speaks to me. It's powerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.