Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Potty Time (MC Hammer is singing this title in my head...) lol

My little girl caught me off guard tonight when she asked me if she could sit on the potty.  In her language that simply means that she said, "mahmee pohtee," and pointed at the toilet seat.  So I sat her on the seat and she was SO proud of herself to be sitting there like a big girl.  She had the biggest smile on her face but, she also looked a bit nervous.  I kept encouraging her to go potty and told her what a big girl she was and then I hollered for my hubby to come cheer her on with me.  Then she wanted to get down so I let her get down and then she wanted to sit on the potty again seconds later so I put her back on the potty.  I think we did that twice and then before I knew it she was going potty and she was SO happy!  We rewarded her with a chocolate kiss and she was thrilled.  I know potty training is seldom a fun experience for parents but, like all firsts this moment was special for us.  I marvel at how a child so young can pick up on so much and so fast!  I will say though that I am in no way prepared or ready to potty train my 19.5 month old daughter and in all honesty I don't think she is ready either but, we are turning a new page for sure!  I am so proud of her!

I love this shot so much I edited it 3 different ways as you will see below...
I see this unhappy face (and my ears burn with her shrieks) more than I'd like to these days....like non-stop.  She's wearing me out.  Maybe all the crying was because she wanted to go potty like a big girl! haha  If only it were so simple!  Just so you know, the only reason she is crying at this particular moment was because I wouldn't pick her up.  Sigh, rough life huh. lol
Soooo....I distracted her with my lens cap and with our plants and then she was happy again:)
And then she took over my cell phone and held it up in front of her face and said, "cheeeeeeeese."  Can't believe she already knows to say cheese when she takes her own picture! hahahah
Yes, the front of my cell phone is shattered.   It still works just fine surprisingly!
Another Daisy development this week; she has started to create and speak short sentences such as, "whe dadee gohh? and Dadee ah worke?  and Bubble all gone?  and "Whe ish Mommee?"  It is SO awesome to hear her talk and see how quickly her vocabulary is growing.  Love my little boo boo.

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Oh adorable! I love the B&W toned edit :)
    capturedbythelense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rough being 1, isn't it! :) She's as sweet as ever!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for using the potty! Yes, it might be a bit early, but that's still great!

    Beautiful shots, she's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. My daughter does the same thing with my cell phone. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all three of your edits! :) She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a smart girl!!!

    love all the pretty pictures you take of your precious angel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting! She'll be voting and filing taxes before you know it! :D I love these photos--your edits are gorgeous--and it's also nice seeing that my son isn't the only one throwing tantrums left and right these days, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute photos! Love all the different kinds of edit. Your baby girl is growing up! I remember the first time Logan went potty...it was a singing potty and we just sat him on it for the fun of it and went back to our dinner...all of a sudden we heard music! We jumped and screamed so much that I think we scared him and he didn't go for a while. HA! Big girl...and maybe she is ready and you are a lucky mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are too cute, as always - Emma has that purple shirt, too!! Hee hee!

    I love the triple pic with the various processing - love the last one.

    Aaron uses my iPhone to take pics, too - it's so cute! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful captures of your darling! I love all of your edits...so hard to choose a fave! Oh, and I'm glad someone else takes crying pictures, too...thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's getting to be so big - I am in love with that first shot. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is adorable! I love the way you desaturated the black and white. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. potty training. i thought it was pretty fun too - despite my better judgement ;) my son was fully potty trained by 22{ish} months... i say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for Daisy!!! At least you let her experience it and who knows maybe she will start asking more and more. All the pics of her are so cute! I like how you edited the one a few different times.

    P.s. I noticed you follow my other blog (it doesnt have anything posted to it) but would love for you to follow the blog that I use now. It's private so if you send me your email I would love to send you an invite for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how sweet! love it.

    thanks for the comment on my blog...it made me happy. :)

    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Her eyes are stunning in those photos! You should frame all three edits side by side! What great news on the potty. Kids go through phases, they show interest, then they back off of it, and then they start again. You are doing the right thing by following her lead and letting her progress at her own pace! Your poor phone has seen better days :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY!!!!!! How exciting for her & you! I love that shot of her too- it's PERFECT! Oh & I think that is the first time I have seen her cry- still cute no matter what!!! She is a shining light!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How precious is she?! And I can only imagine how exciting the potty training will be... she is growing up and acting like a real person now... such a fun time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these shots! She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.