Saturday, March 19, 2011

Scripture and a Snapshot

Week three of my participation in Katie Lloyd's Scripture and a Snapshot challenge. I'm proud of myself for sticking with this challenge! I love that it encourages me to get into the Bible but, also to hunt down an awesome picture!

I went to a beautiful pond today so my hubby could fish and I walked around with my little one to kill time. I saw these stairs and they looked much cooler in person as they were in the middle of a mossy green trail with trees all around! Beautiful! This verse is comforting to me because it tells me that God is in control so I have nothing to fear. I surrendered my life to the Lord many years ago. I know HE wants the BEST for me; far better than I could ever imagine for myself so though I may occasionally forget this and carry out the plans that I think are best for my life, He is still directing my steps, because I have asked him too. To me that is awesome!


Photobucket

Click here to check out the other awesome entries this week!

21 comments:

  1. I think I am constantly reminding myself that God is in control. Great shot and perfect scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish blogs came with a facebook "like" button :) great picture, and I agree. and sometimes wish I could bargin with the whole "steps' process, but take what comes with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect picture for the scripture. I <3 this. I think at times we all need to be reminded of our steps and the plan God has for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stairs! I love the saying, "Man plans and God laughs." Haha!!! I refer to those words when things go differently than I planned to remind me that God knows better than I as to what is best for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen to this great capture and verse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scripture. It's a perfect symbol of the picture!

    So true too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this - it can be difficult to let go of the idea that we control our lives- but we really don't. It has all been planned out for us- which is sort of comforting when you really think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this verse. And I think you nailed the photo perfectly!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes, Amen. Your photo is beautiful, too!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it! What a great shot and scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo and those words are so very true! I'm so happy that I let the Lord determine my steps now..Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great truth in that verse! Sometimes so hard to follow, but so important to remember! Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. What a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great picture and this is one of my favorite verses. Sometimes life gets scary, because as hard as I try to control my life nothing seems to turn out as planned. I continue to learn to trust Him more each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this verse! What a great set of stairs, that picture captures this verse perfectly. Thanks for the reminder, I needed that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picture and a great way to view things through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amen!! A wonderful place captured to go with that verse. And if we would really just believe that God really does have our best intended for us... wow, just imagine!

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.