Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 8 - Write a Blog to Encourage Another Beautiful Woman

"Friends are the sunshine of life."
John Hay (1871)


Somehow I got mixed up and did day 8 before day 7, whoopsi.

There are so many wonderful women in my life who I would love to encourage by sharing how amazing they are. Women who strive to be strong Godly examples to their children, who desire to serve their husbands, who are creative, beautiful and fun and who bless my life in more ways that I can count. I hope you all know who you are because I love each of you!

Today I want to encourage a particular friend of mine, Elissa. (shown in the above picture on the left). You can visit her lovely blog here: Living For His Legacy

Elissa and I met shortly before my hubby and I got married about 7 years ago and she has been a blessing in my life ever since. Currently, she is 32 weeks pregnant and also has two adorable little boys. Her hubby, Mike, is overseas serving a 6 month deployment and will be coming home to them in just a handful of weeks right around the time that she is due with her 3rd child. Military families go through a lot and deployments are harder than I could ever imagine but, Elissa has always been strong in spite of it all. She and Mike have an awesome marriage and they are incredible parents. More importantly, their love for Jesus is so evident in all that they do. They are generous, servants, loving and joyful. Elissa and I have been through a lot together and our families have vacationed together several times now. So much laughter and so many great memories shared!

She is a blessing to me and I just wanted to brag about her today because she deserves a little boost as she waits for her hubby to come home and her baby to arrive! So close Elissa!

She Breathes Deeply


5 comments:

  1. friendship is the best isn't it? I love those God given relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAHHHH~ I don't want to cry without you here to give me a hug! Casey I love you and I feel the same way about you in every way. God is so great to give such awesome friends that last through miles, hardships, growing families, etc...so awesome that we "ended up" on the same coast again. Thank you Jesus for you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah...notice the crazy man in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post Casey! I admire military families!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Elissa is so sweet. Cute photo of y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.