Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The 4th & 14 Weeks Old

I wish I could take credit for this adorable, patriotic cake but, as most of you are well aware...something this pretty and baked would not be my area of expertise. The credit goes to my hub's Aunt Kathy. The cake was just as pretty inside as out. Unfortunately, I failed to get a picture of that..shame on me:). Tasted delicious too!
Daisy is making all sorts of funny faces now. They were cracking us all up on the 4th of July
Great Grandma Bailey and Daisy hanging out on the porch
Mama and Daisy
The cake maker - Aunt Kathy
The brownie maker and cousin - Robin
Love this munchkin!
I think this face is saying, "mom, get that camera out of my face. I'm so tired of you taking my picture!" hehe
The hubby's weekend project; new step rails for his manly truck:) He has been saving for these suckers for a really long time and finally with some birthday $$ he got em. They really enhance the look of the truck but, you really gotta see it in person to tell:). I have to add that when I was pregnant it was such a pain to hoist myself up into his truck and I was constantly telling Joey how badly I wished we could afford some step rails so I could get into the truck. Well, the baby is out of me and now we have the step rails. Hopefully they will make round two easier:)


We spent our 4th of July weekend hanging out with family, doing yard work, house projects and relaxing. Daisy did awesome on her first long car ride to the lake and she even fell asleep on our late night drive home and stayed asleep in the transfer process from her car seat to her crib. Let me tell yah, that was such a blessing because I was soooo tired and I really didn't know what to expect. She slept great that night too. Double yeah! 3 day weekends are such a welcome change because I feel like we are actually able to get things accomplished even if they are only little things. My weekend goal was to do something about our pitiful entryway (a work in progress..I'll post pics soon) and the hubs installed his step rails. All in all a productive weekend.

Daisy is 14 weeks old today. Time just keeps rolling right on by and my little gal is growing so fast. She's so much more active these days and I can tell that she is dying to roll, sit up or just all around be more mobile. I on the other hand am okay with her lack of mobility at the moment because it sure does keep things simpler:). lol It seems that Daisy is wanting to be held a bit more than usual lately. I'm not sure if that is because she hasn't been feeling well or because she is bored of laying around all the time. She loves chewing on her fingers, squealing and kicking her legs rapidly. She is such a cutie pie!

Now to wrap up the episode of American Chopper that I am watching with the hubs (I never thought I would be interested in a show about building motorcycles but, I love it) and then off to bed. I've gotta say that I love my small window of "me" time that I get each night after Daisy goes to sleep. Usually that window is 9:30-10:30 PM and it's the one time during the day that I can do whatever I want. It really helps recharge my battery for the next day. Heavenly!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Casey, it looks like you all had so much fun! That cake your aunt baked looks so yummy! You have a nice family and extended family. Your daughter is adorable with her facial expressions, and you take such beautiful photos!! Are you into photography?

    By the way, I was mulling over your sweet comment about my writing and feel humbled by what you said. I actually don't see myself as a gifted writer, though I do love to express myself in writing. It's so nice of you to say that, I really really appreciate it!!

    Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, Daisy is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! And I totally know what you mean about loving that "me" time...that's my favorite part of my day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.