Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009










Welcome to the Martinez home this Christmas:). Sorry that these pictures are a little blurry and or dark but, at least you get the idea:). I love holidays! I don't think I really have a favorite per se but, there are different things that I like about each one. I love that Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I cannot imagine a world in which Jesus had never been born and never died for our sins! So, Christmas decor for me is a fun way to incorporate my faith into my decorations as often as possible. I love nativity sets and ornaments with verses or symbols of faith. I like having those constant reminders around and I look forward to teaching my children all about baby Jesus each Christmas! It reminds me of the bible verse, "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads." Deuteronomy 11:18 Or in modern English, "keep the word of the Lord close to your heart because it is everything that matters in life!"

We had a very small progressive type dinner get together last night with two other couples. Appetizers at our house and desserts at another couple's house and we had such a wonderful time! That is my second favorite part of Christmas; getting together with friends and family, eating good food and laughing together! It blesses my socks off:).

I am looking forward to traveling out to CA this upcoming weekend. I will be having my first baby shower with my family and friends out there and I will get to see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time. It'll be a crazy trip as they always are but, also a wonderful time! Can't wait to see all you California folks again:). TTFN and Merry Christmas month! Jesus loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Is that Dakota in the second to last picture? If so, she looks SO cute and tiny!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.