Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Side Yard Makeover








If you haven't noticed, Joey and I tend to do a lot of yard work and landscaping in our free time. I don't know that we would do this much if we had purchased a used home that already had landscaping in place but, our new home was just bare bones and has needed lots of TLC in the garden department. We have a really longgggg house and the side of it was always bothering me. It felt so boring with just grass going down to the fence so I decided to spice it up a bit with a wavy mulch border and some azaleas, nandias and monkey grass. We will add flowers next year but, since the season is nearing an end here it would be a waste. I am sooooo very happy with the results. It is simple, low maintenance and yet very pleasing to the eye and makes me smile every time I walk to our gate now. Oh, the simple things in life. Joey and I worked so hard on this as usual and can I just say that I am so thankful that my husband loves yard work as much as I do. These things would never get done if I didn't have his muscles and energy. He's amazing! Next garden project....the backyard. It is completely bare aside from a nice green lawn so we have a blank slate to work with. to be continued....

3 comments:

  1. i love it! i love the angling of it too...you should come do my yard...if only i had the money and man power...can't wait till mike comes home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great you guys! Want to come do our yard for us?! Your grass looks awesome btw. Ben has been working hard all summer to bring ours back to life. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I told you earlier today, it looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.