Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Expressing Gratitude

First and foremost, I am grateful for Jesus Christ, His Holy word, and the blood that he shed for me on Calvary. Many people will say that they are Christians and I think that is awesome but, so rarely do we really hear why they want to be a Christian or what impact it has had on their life. I was raised in a Christ centered home but, it wasn't until my late teen years that the reality of what Christ has done for me, hit me like a two by four in the face. I have never been the same since. Jesus was perfect, amazing, wonderful, faultless, all knowing, unconditionally loving and so many other things and still, by choice he died a brutal death at "our hands" on the cross so that we could live a life free from the bondage of sin. Yah, that is all babble talk if you don't get it or if you haven't yet experienced a life changing relationship with Christ, but once you have, it's the most incredible and worth while journey you could ever take!!!
I am so grateful for my parents. They have been married for 28 years now (right mom and dad?) and their marriage in itself is a miracle that inspires me daily to work hard on my own marriage and to be a better wife for my husband. My dad has worked his bootie off for my family for more years that I have been alive and my mom took the bible verse, "Train up a child in the way he should go and even when he is old he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6) and showed us how to live that out in our daily lives. Because of her, my entire family has a relationship with Jesus Christ that is real and powerful. You both rock my world mom and dad!
I am grateful beyond words that God blessed my husband and I with the ability to buy this house when we were just 24 years old (two years ago)! I am so thankful for the shelter that it provides me and my husband in the heat and during storms and so grateful to have so many luxuries at my fingertips; like clean water, hot water, a bed to sleep in, electricity, a washer and dryer, a yard to play in and garden in and a fridge to store food...so many things that we all take for granted. For as long as I should be allowed to stay here, I am grateful!
I LOVE nature in general but, I especially love flowers and how they add a special sprinkle of color to both my home, my garden and all the landscapes I drive by on a daily basis. More importantly that that, they remind me of what an awesome artist my God is. He is the author and ultimate designer of all that grows on this Earth and I can't help but, think of Him and praise His name every time I smile at a beautiful flower arrangement or while looking at my garden. I am so grateful for the wondrous things God has made for us to enjoy!


Last, but certainly not least I am grateful beyond words for my dearest friend and husband, Joey. He works so hard for us everyday and expresses constantly that his greatest desire is to make enough income so that I can someday be a stay at home mommy. Anything that I need done around the house he does without argument and anytime I need an ear or counsel I can always count on his! Above all that, his love for the Lord inspires me daily in more ways that I could ever detail. He is an amazing man of God and I am so blessed to have him as my husband!

I am a big fan of Tara Whitney's photography and I am always on her blog checking out her pictures and getting new ideas. I was on her blog today and got the idea to participate in the 5 photos that depict my gratitude challenge they she and another photographer initiated. You can check out Tara's 5 pictures as well as many others who commented on her post. If you feel up for it please join me in posting 5 pictures (that you take:) and leave me a comment letting me know to check your site:). It will be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post, Case! We should all do more gratitude posts! I'm glad you have such a happy life; you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.